Monday, September 17, 2007

Things that really bother me...part 3

Wow I finished my homework before midnight. Amazing.
Anyways, another of the numerous things that bother me is when people say God, heaven, or h*** really lightly. People just normally say Oh my God or what the h*** or go to h***. THESE WORDS ARE NOT TO BE USED LIGHTLY. You don't use the name of the master of creation lightly, and the magnitude of condemning someone to h*** is ginormous! I mean, we as humans cannot begin to imagine the splendor of heaven or the pain and suffering in h***. To condemn someone to h*** is committing a terrible sin. Why do people do it? Do they not realize the true meaning of these words, or do they not care (which is REALLY BAD) and just say it? I just keep wondering: why do people do and say such things?
Please comment and share any thoughts about this post and other posts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder as well why people use such bad language. It doesn't make you look cooler or stronger or any of that. To me when i hear someone saying bad words i just look at them with disgust. i mean where has the fruit of the spirit gone? What happened to Love, Joy, Peace, Paience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Self-control,and Faithfulness? And if your one to have a habit of saying bad words just replace them with other words or phrases that are better. For example: Instead of saying "What the h***, just say something like "what in the world" or just "Wow".

Anonymous said...

The book we're reading in English class (Of Mice and Men) has a bunch of words like that. I confess that I do have times where it slips my tongue and makes me feel horrible (not bad, horrible). Sometimes it slips the tongue and I don't notice. But we should notice and ask God to forgive us. It really won't do you any good to be a Christian, swear, and don't ask for forgiveness. Then what is the point of being a Christian? They would actually be called Hypocites! I think swear words are rude. Sometimes when someone just says *beep* instead of a swear word, they may not say it out loud but be thinking about it.

athelete518 said...

yeah. It's not only just saying it, but the intention behind it. If you say one thing but think something worse, God knows, so you can't really hide it. And it's really hard to say: Stop thinking that," but you really can change your mindset. That is what I am trying to do.

We aren't Jesus, but we all need to try to be a little more like Him!

Project Blog Tip: Vinco said...

KEEP USING BAD WORDS, U BECOME A BAD PERSON

NUFF SAID

Anonymous said...

It's not just "talk bad, you're a bad person". It could be more than that. It could be disobedient to God, showing bad exmaples for people looking up to you or watching you, showing a sign of hatred or murder.