Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Hatred

The word hate (along with many other words today) is used too lightly. If something is not in agreement with what you believe, you cannot just make fun of it, say: I hate this or that. As a Christian, I believe that sin is the utmost evil, and whether I agree with something or not, I can't just label people: dumb _____, stupid _____, etc. etc. By doing such, you commit a sin. People who "attack" others (verbally, physically) because they believe that certain belief or action is wrong is committing a wrong themselves. Believing your belief is the best does not give you authority to express others' in an inferior way. We are all people, we all have feelings, morals and consciences(I hope). Next time you think about saying: I hate this, or stupid ____, look at the situation from a different perspective examine the impact of your words.

4 comments:

Anisha said...

Were you mad about something? Dude, I'm sorry about my beliefs...

athelete518 said...

I simply don't agree with labeling people, so I tried to make you see what you were doing to others, but I took it too far. I apologize for that.

Anisha said...

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be labeling people. I just got mad.

none said...

You know, I was thinking about this word tonight in my room. I've read stuff about this yet I don't know how this is going for me. When I get all mouthy, edgy, impatient, I start to lose myself. I start to think I'm becoming worse than my brothers who don't know Christ yet.